Specialized guided tours focusing on desert environment in Southern Israel, Sinai & Jordan.
Assaf Holzer – Manager of the desert study center in Samar
Born in Tel Aviv in 1957
- M.A., Archaeology and Ancient Orient Studies – Tel Aviv University.
- B.A., Archaeology and Ancient Orient Studies – Tel Aviv University.
Other studies & courses:
- S.P.N.I (Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel)– guiding course.
- Israel School of Tourism – Desert tour guides.
- Israel School of Tourism – Tourist sites management.
Occupations and employment:
- 1982 – 1983 Archaeological survey of Israel: Antiquity inspector.
- 1983 – 1984 S.P.N.I – Eilat field school: Tour guide
- 1992 – 1996 Israel Antiquities Authority: Antiquity inspector and Eilat & Eilot Deputy District Archaeologist.
- 1996 Timna Park: Manager
- Manager, Desert Studies Center – Kibbutz Samar
- Tourist project consultant
- Archaeological projects: Consultation and execution